From its first climate change statement to its first greenhouse gas reduction target, GoDaddy is making meaningful progress as a more sustainable business
GoDaddy, the company that empowers everyday entrepreneurs, released its 2021 Sustainability Report covering the company’s environmental, social and governance strategies, activities, progress, metrics and performance.
GoDaddy is a global company committed to transparent communication of its sustainability progress. Here are a few ways GoDaddy is showing its commitment to a sustainable future:
● Climate Change Statement
- In the company’s first Climate Change Statement, GoDaddy recognizes that climate change is a rapidly growing threat to humanity, with the potential to impact nearly every aspect of our lives.
- As a result, the organization is sharpening its focus on environmental actions, including: accounting for and disclosing GHG emissions; minimizing the environmental impacts of our physical locations through energy efficiency, water conservation, renewable energy technologies, and recycling programs; and funding and providing support to the “GoDaddy Green” Employee Resource Group, which is a network of employees around the world who care deeply about environmental issues.
● Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- GoDaddy has publicly announced its first greenhouse gas reduction target to reduce scope 1 and 2 emissions by 50% by 2025 while actively working on a longer term goal.
- By adopting a hybrid work model and optimizing its company office space with sustainability in mind, GoDaddy has also reduced its active corporate real estate footprint by 55% over the course of two years.
● UN Global Compact
- GoDaddy has become a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), demonstrating the company’s commitment to human rights, labor, environment, and anti-corruption.
- As part of this commitment, GoDaddy plans to fulfill a key requirement for participation in the UNGC with an annual submission of a Communication on Progress (COP) describing the company’s efforts to implement The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact within one year of joining and annually thereafter in accordance with UNGC policy.
“Our membership in the UN Global Compact further demonstrates our commitment to operating responsibly, ethically and transparently around the world,” said Aman Bhutani, CEO at GoDaddy. “Robust corporate governance practices are essential to executing our strategy, creating long-term value, and maintaining the trust of our stakeholders. That corporate governance framework lays the foundation for us to remain competitive in the dynamic environment in which we operate. We’re proud to stand alongside other leading companies and organizations that share our commitment to creating a more sustainable, equitable and inclusive society.”
“Sustainability is truly woven into the fabric of our business,” said Stacy Cline, Senior Director of Sustainability at GoDaddy. “GoDaddy takes a holistic approach to its commitment to all sustainability efforts from engaging with employees, philanthropic and social impact efforts, partnerships with local nonprofits and communities and building a quality connection with our customers who are small business owners and entrepreneurs.”
To read GoDaddy’s 2021 Sustainability Report, visit: https://www.godaddy.com/godaddy-for-good/sustainability
For more on GoDaddy’s membership in the UN Global Compact, visit https://www.unglobalcompact.org/
For more on GoDaddy’s Sustainability commitments, visit www.godaddy.com/godaddy-for-good/sustainability.
Tweet me: GoDaddy has released its 2021 Sustainability Report covering the company’s #ESG strategies, activities, progress, metrics and performance. Learn how @GoDaddy is showing its commitment to a sustainable future. Download the report here: https://bit.ly/3w6nY33
KEYWORDS: NYSE: GDDY, GoDaddy, GoDaddy 2021 Sustainability Report, climage change, greenhouse gas, UN Global Compact