Global organizations seek deeper insight into the supply base, turn to EcoVadis to improve supply chain sustainability and performance
NEW YORK and PARIS – January 26, 2016 – EcoVadis, the company helping improve sustainability, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and fair environmental and human rights practices across the global supply chain, continues to see rising demand for its collaborative supplier sustainability ratings and improvement platform. More than 25 new global enterprise customers, including DuPont and Subway, joined the EcoVadis network in 2015 on its Sustainable Procurement platform, contributing to a two-year growth rate of 128 percent.
“EcoVadis’ truly impressive growth is indicative of the shift from CSR ratings as a niche offering for specialized industries and geographies into what is becoming critical insight to manage global supply chains,” suggests Jason Busch, Founder and Head of Strategy, Spend Matters. “With many organizations compelled to implement sustainable business practices in light of the international agreements made at COP21 and the onset of increasing sets of supply chain due diligence regulations, gaining deeper insight into supplier sustainability practices and performance will become standard business practice for larger procurement organizations in 2016.”
EcoVadis has experienced strong growth across multiple industries, including the chemicals, information and communications technology, rail and transportation, beauty, food and beverage, packaging, financial and pharmaceutical sectors. Over the past year, companies in the United States and Europe, including Amcor, DuPont, Subway, Clarins, Eastman Chemical, PSA/Peugeot-Citroen, and Bombardier have turned to EcoVadis’ supplier sustainability ratings service and scorecards to make more confident procurement decisions, reduce risk and drive improvements in the CSR of their suppliers. Additional 2015 milestones for EcoVadis include:
- 68 new customers joined the EcoVadis network to assess their suppliers and subsidiaries
- Leading sustainability change-initiatives in industry specific consortiums, including Together for Sustainability for the chemical industry, and Railsponsible, a collaborative network of companies in the railway sector.
- 80% growth in the number of suppliers renewing their subscription to the EcoVadis network bringing overall participation to more than 25,000 suppliers.
- Driving impact on supply chain CSR practices with 70 percent of suppliers improving their sustainability score with each assessment.
- Expansion of EcoVadis’ internal team to 250 full time employees, a 118 percent increase from 2013, across the company’s five global offices.
- New procurement and sourcing partnerships with Tradeshift, Pool4Tool and State-of-Flux that integrate EcoVadis’ sustainability rating service into each platform for both upstream and downstream API access to EcoVadis’ ratings, scorecards and assessment request system.
“Operating a sustainable and socially-responsible supply chain is critical for driving revenue, maintaining brand reputation and improving procurement performance,” said Pierre Francois Thaler, co-founder and Co-CEO of EcoVadis. “As pressure increases to operate in a more sustainable and transparent manner, more organizations are turning to EcoVadis to evaluate their suppliers’ performance and implement improvement programs.”
For more information, visit www.EcoVadis.com.
EcoVadis is the first collaborative platform providing sustainability ratings and performance improvement tools for global supply chains. EcoVadis’ easy-to-use CSR scorecards help companies to monitor suppliers’ environmental, ethical, and social practices across 150 purchasing categories and 110 countries.
Over 120 industry leaders such as Verizon, Merck, Coca Cola Enterprises, Heineken, Johnson & Johnson, Renault-Nissan, ING Bank, and Nokia use EcoVadis to reduce risk, drive innovation and foster transparency and trust among over 20,000 trading partners.
This article can be read on PRNewswire