More than 600 CSR and procurement professionals, attended Sustain, the annual EcoVadis event dedicated to responsible purchasing earlier this year.
Among them were representatives of the European pallet-pooling specialist La Palette Rouge (a division of Euro Pool Group), who, for the fifth year running, has received Gold rating for its commitments to reduce environment impact of its entire supply chain.
“Being rated gold proves that all our efforts have been worthwhile. We’ll strive to retain this level and continue to be rated Gold Advanced by EcoVadis”
Gael Gonzalez, LPR, Quality & CSR Manager Europe
A full video interview with Gael Gonzalez, Quality & CSR Manager of Europe is coming soon. And for the moment here is a peek preview to some key takeaways:
Our Business: Logistics
- Logistics is our key business. We will never achieve a zero carbon footprint, although LPR can have a positive impact on the reforestation in Europe.
- LPR’s raw material is wood: we want to achieve 100 percent-certified wood and to rebalance part of the company’s carbon footprint through reforestation projects in France and somewhere else.
Our 2025 Objectives
- Carbon footprint: to continue to optimize our business, we obviously rely on state-of-the-art IT systems to study all the possibilities for optimizing transport. Take advantage of empty returns, think about multimodal transport, replacing a certain number of trucks with trains, take an interest in the opportunity of hybrid or electric trucks.
- Reach 100 percent-certified wood and rebalance part of the company’s carbon footprint with reforestation projects in Europe, in line with our local activities.
Going Beyond the Simple Buyer-Supplier Relationship
- We want to be seen more as a business partner than just a supplier. LPR converts some of its customers to the rental palette (pooling), a sustainable solution.
- Pushing customers for pooling, high quality of service and sustainable solution, circular economy.
- Encourage customers to share their flows.
This information was collected at Sustain 2019.
La Palette Rouge, a division of Euro Pool Group, is a red pallet pooling company specializing in manufacturing and retail chains in the fast-moving consumer goods sector. LPR operates in several European countries, including Benelux, France, Spain, Portugal and the United Kingdom. It manages more than 83 million pallet movements per year throughout Europe. https://www.lpr.eu/en
Stay tuned — the full video interview coming soon!
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by EcoVadis