Sustainable Procurement is often just one facet of sustainability within an organization, and yet it is sometimes dissociated from other sustainability initiatives. By aligning and including sustainable procurement education, benchmarks, and incentives across your organization, your sustainable procurement impact becomes more tangible and relevant within your organization.
Leading sustainable procurement organizations often follow these seven habits of sustainable procurement success related to internal capacity building:
- Recognition and incentives imbedded into organizational performance and objectives, which could include bonuses or other incentives,
- Mandatory training and programs about sustainability and sustainable procurement for all employees (newcomers or not),
- Commodity-contextualized, specific trainings on sustainable procurement, laws and regulations available and regularly delivered for all procurement,
- Formal (written) documentation,
- Defined single point of contact for the program, available to all employees for questions about program/sustainable procurement,
- Dedicated capacity building team ensuring quality content, trainings, documentation,
- Mandate of procurement to ensure a sustainable supply chain clearly communicated across the company.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by EcoVadis